Saturday I participated in my second hour of ‘live wine blogging’ as part of the fourth annual North America Wine Bloggers Conference. After Friday’s round one on whites/rosés, my first ever liveÂ blogging, I was ready for round two!
It’s like speed dating…you stay at one table and 12 wineries come by your table for five minutes each to tell you about their wine. This time I was ready with my laptop so I was able to tweet about all the wines (vs. my first day where I was doing it from my iPhone). Here’s what I tweeted…
- @keswickvineyard fabulous #vawine ’07 Cabernet Sauvignon great fruit nose and taste, developing great! ’09 Gov Cup Winner. Thx Stephen!
- @lovingstonwine ’06 Pinotage south african grape growing in VA yum! #wbc11
- #wbc11 2004 Montefalco Sagrantino fr Umbria … LOVE Giampaulo’s wine @TABARRINI
- @Williamsburgwin elegant Cab Franc ‘elegant balanced stunning long legs robust perfume’ as described by Matthew the winemaker #wbc11
- @KingEstate YAY my fav OR winery is back at my table w/ their ‘light clean style’ 2008 Domaine Pinot Noir #WBC11
- @CornerstoneNapa 2007 Cab Sauvignon from Howell Mtn nice smokey sweet wine grown in volcanic ash #wbc11
- @calnaturale cab sauv, tetrapak 1/3 more wine vs bottle & half carbon foot print, $12.99, perfect on the go, also in chard #wbc11
- another on the go wine…makers of Clif bars now have Clif Family Winery, The Climber…CA Cab Sauvignon #wbc11 @clifwine
- Banfi Centine 2008 Toscana @CastelloBanfi great red Italian, perfect pairing for your Italian dinner at great price pt $12 #WBC11
- @MfVvinotweets Mountfair is all about red wines…does quarterly release of a blend…2009 Engagement Monticello Red Wine #wbc11
My favorites of the session? Virginia’s Keswick Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon; Umbria, Italy’s Tabarrini Montefalco Sagrantino; Oregon’s King Estate 2008 Domaine Pinot Noir; and Montalcino, Italy’s Banfi Centine 2008 Toscana.
Survived two fun sessions of live wine blogging. 😉