Last month I was reading an issue of Food & Wine magazine at my girlfriend’s house and found this great Â “Find Your Wine Style” quiz. It’s great if you’re new to wine or looking to try something new!
Which do you drink?
- Whole Milk – Go for richer, more full-bodied wines – California Chardonnay for instance.
- Skim Milk – You like lighter-style wines, such as Chablis.
Which juice do you prefer?
- Grapefruit Juice – You like things with high acidity – for whites, that means varieties like Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling.
- Orange Juice – You prefer sweeter, riper flavors so stick to Chardonnay or Viognier.
- Cracked Black Pepper – Try spicy Old World reds, like Syrah and other Rhône varieties.
- Bérnaise Sauce – You want a lush, smooth California Merlot.
Which sounds more appealing?
- Black Truffles – You’re a fan of earthy, funky umami flavors. Drink Pinot Noir, especially from the Old World.
- Blackberries – You love fruit. New World reds are your thing: Australian Shiraz, California Zinfandel.
The on-line quiz has great pairing suggestions, suggested wines to try and great descriptions of each wine listed above.