That’s the question we posed to the Fine Wine Divas for our August tasting night.
Most of the ladies are big red wine drinkers. As it’s summer, we thought we’d introduce them to a nice line up whites so they could certainly find something they like.
- 2010 Argyle Brut (Willamette Valley, OR)
- 2012 Reunion Torrontes (Salta, Argentina)
- 2012 Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc (Martinborough, New Zealand)
- 2013 Argiolas Costamolino Vermentino (Sardinia, Italy)
- 2012 Clos des Lunes “Lune Blanche” (Bordeaux, France)
- 2013 Wolftrap White White (Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- 2012 Mer Soleil Silver Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands, California)
- 2011 Domaine Eric Forest Pouilly-Fuisse Les Crays (Burgundy, France)
There was indeed something for everyone. And the top two wines of the evening?
2013 Argiolas Costamolino Vermentino
- Region: Sardinia, Italy
- Variety: 100% Vermentino
- Aroma: Citrus, tropical fruits
- Taste: Rose, melon, spice with nice crispness and honey notes
- Price: $15
- My thoughts: This was the hit of the night…a lovely fuller bodied Italian, great pairing with food and great price point!
2013 Wolftrap White White
- Region: Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Variety: 60% Viognier, 21% Chenin Blanc, 19% Grenache Blanc
- Aroma: White peach and spice
- Taste: Rich floral and green apple
- Price: $23
- My thoughts: Interesting blend of grapes from The Cape winelands which are located in the Cape Floral Kingdom, one of six such plant kingdoms in the world.
It was a great evening and everyone walked away with a new wine to enjoy in these final weeks of summer!