…the MoÃ«t Red Carpet Glamour!
Adam Seger of Chicago is the winner of the inaugural MoÃ«t Oscar Cocktail Contest held through the MoÃ«t & Chandon USA Facebook page. His MoÃ«t Red Carpet Glamour “captures the essence of Hollywood glamour with exquisite notes of heady cardamom and kaffir lime that develop a refreshing and harmonious taste. This winning cocktail was chosen for its modern combination of the HumÂ® botanical spirit with MoÃ«t & Chandon Imperial, which highlights the flavor profile of champagne and truly celebrates the elegance of the Academy Awards.”
The MoÃ«t Red Carpet Glamour cocktail and MoÃ«t & Chandon Imperial will flow generously at the 2012 Governors Ball, the after-party of the 84th Academy AwardsÂ® this Sunday, February 26, 2012. This year the Governors Ball takes on a new spin. Special events producer Cheryl Cecchetto created an open format allowing the Ball’s 1,500 guests (Academy AwardÂ® winners and nominees, show presenters and other telecast participants) to circulate among a variety of seating configurations while enjoying the cuisine created specifically for the event by master chef Wolfgang Puck.
The 2012 menu created by Puck and Chef Matt Benciveng features more than fifty dishes, from one-bite hors d’oeuvres to small-plate entrees that will be passed throughout the evening. It includes signature favorites such as smoked salmon OscarsÂ®, chicken pot pie with shaved black truffles, and Pastry Chef Sherry Yard’s gold-dusted chocolate Oscars alongside inventive presentations such as lobster tacos with tomato and pickled Shallots, and beet salad with pistachio butter, burrata and citrus balsamic.
For your Oscar party at home, make your own MoÃ«t Red Carpet Glamour Cocktail…
- Fill a chilled Champagne Flute 1â„2 way with ice.
- Stir 1 ounce of Fresh Squeezed Sour Mix and HumÂ® Botanical Spirit with fresh ice.
- Strain into Flute to fill 1â„2 way.
- Top with MoÃ«t & Chandon Imperial.
- Garnish with a Single Rose Petal.
- Continually refresh as you wish with MoÃ«t & Chandon Imperial as the Champagne willÂ float on top of the Hum Sour, but its effervescence will deliver Hum’s heady cardamomÂ & Kaffir lime notes.
- Fresh Squeeze Sour Mix Preparation: Combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water until sugarÂ is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup fresh lime juice and 1 cup fresh lemon juice and refrigerate.
Other new tools for planning your Oscar party…
- Evite’s Postmark Invitations: Marc Friedland, designer of the Academy Award winners’ envelope, created the first-ever collection of Academy sanctioned invitations for Oscar Sunday viewing parties for Evite’s new premium site Evite Postmark. The Oscar Collection by Marc Friedland has ten designs from classic golden age of Hollywood to modern, fun takes on Oscar. Each invitation has a matching designed envelope, custom stamp, and features the never before available Oscar statuette and the use the of the “official” Academy Awards title.
- My Oscar Ballot: Develop your own prediction list and share with friends via Facebook.
Cheers to Sunday night Oscar Parties!