Two new Italian wines exclusively for Disney Parks, Sogno d’Italia, were introduced at this year’s Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Bottled by Placido in Tuscany and imported by Banfi Vintners, these easy drinkable wines will continue to be available after the festival at Enoteca Castello in Epcot’s Italy and begin to be served in many Disney restaurants.
Sogno d’Italia means dream of Italy. “When we dream of Italy, we dream not only of its noble traditions but of its appealingly easygoing lifestyle. These wines embody both of those ideas,” says Placido winemaker Paolo Benassi.
I really enjoyed these wines and they are great examples of wine from Tuscany.
- Like most Chianti, this wine is made of predominantly the region’s native Sangiovese grape.
- Aroma: Classic violet.
- Taste: Soft round plum and cherry with hints of spice.
- This wine is unique in that typical Pinot Grigio comes from cooler northern Italy. This one from warmer Tuscany so the grape variety has slightly different characteristics.
- Aroma: Fragrant white flowers.
- Taste: Crisp freshness yet pear forward.
Each bottle costs $16.95 or $6 for a glass. For more fun wine photos from the festival, visit the gallery.
Salute to dreams of Italy![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]