Virginia Wine’s website features all the ways to ‘discover your local crush,’ this year’s theme:
- Restaurants offering Virginia wines by the glass and other specials.
- Events day by day guide like Washington Wine Academy’s Virginia Wine CruisesÂ on the Potomac River taking place each Friday. The 90-minute cruise features 10 Virginia wineries including Barboursville Vineyards, Breaux Vinyeards and Boxwood Winery sampling fifteen wines and hors d’oeuvres.
- Over 400 retailers featuring tastings and specials.
No matter what part of the state you’re in, there are wine festivals going on with the backdrop of autumn’s foliage. Virginia Tourism’s website has a comprehensive list.
- Hampton Roads: Town Point Virginia Wine Festival in Norfolk, October 15-16 with 30 wineries.
- Central Virginia: Powhatan Wine FestivalÂ just west of Richmond on Saturday 22 October with 26 wineries.
- Northern Virginia:Â Alexandria West End Art and Wine FestivalÂ on October 8-9 featuring DelFosse Vineyards & Winery in the Wine Garden.
- Shenandoah Valley:Â 15th Annual Hot Air Balloon Wine & Music Festival October 14-16 on the rolling fields of Long Branch in Millwood.
And don’t miss Virginia Tourism’s Virginia is for Lovers oversized LOVE artwork at Blenheim Vineyards outside Charlottesville. They beat out 22 other Virginia wineries to feature the LOVE. Snap your photo on the sign and enjoy the fabulous Blenheim wines in their tasting room. In celebration,Â Blenheim Vineyards’ winemaker Kirsty Harmon will offer 10 percent offÂ all wine purchased in October if the customer mentions the LOVE campaign.
Cheers to Virginia Wine Month![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]