Whole Foods Market is celebrating Bordeaux’s 2009 vintage, what most are saying is the best vintage in over 30 years. We visited Bordeaux last Spring… first tastes were coming out of the 2009 wines and everyone was abuzz.
This Friday Whole Foods is hosting a Virtual Wine Tasting over Bordeaux wines. Many of their stores are hosting tasting parties from 6-7pm CST (my local store in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia let me know via facebook). And as it’s virtual, anyone can participate from anywhere. Here’s how…
- Pick up one or more of these four featured Bordeaux wines and paired cheeses.
- Château Magence Graves Blanc paired with Ossau Iraty or P’tit Basque
- Château Le Touzinard Bordeaux Rouge paired with Comté
- Château La Fleur Dallon Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux Rouge paired with Hervé Mons Lavort de ChÃ¨vre
- Château Picau-Perna Saint-émilion Rouge paired with Seaside Cheddar or Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- Gather your friends and a baguette or crackers.
- Taste, tweet and follow alongÂ @WFMwineguys and #WFMwine with Whole Foods’ global wine experts.
Visit their website for details and to download The Official Taste Bordeaux & Tweet Tasting Sheet.
I’ll share a recap after and more details on Bordeaux wine from our trip last year.