It’s a new year with more wine exploring to do! Here’s a look at what the experts are saying about the year ahead.
- Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc and Malbec are HOT. Bordeaux and Chardonnay are NOT. Try some of the great Rieslings from the U.S.’s Pacific Northwest region, Oregon and Washington, for comparison with French Alsace or German Riesling. Argentina and its Malbec grape will continue their rapid growth due to the lower cost of production.
- Go local! More people will look close to home for new favorites.
- Customers will continue to look for values and discounting in-store and on-line will provide it. Check out the Wines Til Sold Out…I just signed up for their daily email for up to 50% discounts!
- iPad wine lists at restaurants.
- The high end wine market will continue its slow come back although pricey bottles are still hard to sell.
- The market for wine in Asia will continue its boom.
Cheers to a grape 2011! 🙂
*Sources: Michelle Locke for The Associated Press; Laurie Daniel for Mercury News; The National Restaurant Association.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]