Tonight is the big night… the 82nd Academy AwardsÂ®.Â After the Red Carpet walks and hours of awards, the parties begin! Â The official party is the Governors Ball, immediately following the Awards, in the Grand Ballroom on the top of the Hollywood & Highland Center.
For the 16th consecutive year, chef Wolfgang Puck has designed the menu for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences official Academy AwardsÂ after party. Special events producer Cheryl Cecchetto, for the 21st consecutive year, is producing it along with her Sequoia Productions.
“The Governors Ball will fuse eclectic and innovative design elements reminiscent of the late 1930s ‘Streamline Moderne’ style.Â The overall look will marry artistic originality with the Academy’s own tradition of class and elegance,” said Cecchetto.
The official Champagne… MoÃ«t & Chandon. 1,200 bottles will be on hand to make the official cocktail..
The MoÃ«t Golden Glamour
- 0.25 oz vanilla liqueur
- 1.5 oz passionfruit juice
- 4 oz MoÃ«t & Chandon Imperial champagne
- Mint sprig, for garnish
AÂ few additional fun facts and photos to get you in the party mood.
- 1500 guests
- 900 staff in specially designed dresses and uniforms for the Ball
- 15 Pounds of Edible Gold Dust
- 4000 Mini Chocolate Oscars
- 3060 Wood Fired Oscar Shaped Flat Bread
- 18 Piece All Female Orchestra
- 10,000 Blooms used to decorate including Hydrangeas from New Zealand, Rothchild vandaorchids from Thailand, Lisianthus from Holland and organically grown roses on a VeraFlora certified farm in Ecuador
- And for the first time, winners will be able to have their statuettes personalized with engraved nameplates at the Ball
Check out The Academy’s official website for yourÂ Oscar Party Kit – ballots, games and official cocktail recipes. Enjoy the show!
* Source: www.oscars.org