I just finished a GREAT little book (& quick read) with a ton of focus on YOU … Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life by Keri Smith. The book was born out of a column she wrote that “attracted a following of people who shared a common goal: to find the courage to make a living doing what they love.”
The first activity that called to me was the “Unlimited Life Plan: Determining a Destination.”
Keri writes “How do we create the life & career we want? Where do we start? In order to manifest new energy and success in our lives we need to create a detailed image of what the next destination looks like and formalize a map for getting there… Begin by creating a detailed image of your ideal life. Put it on paper; make it as full and as decadent as you wish. Dream big. Age is not a factor. You can reinvent your life at any time. Answer the following questions as if you were already living your ideal life. Get into character! Think big! Its your ideal life – you can pretend anything! (Or just start writing stream of consciousness!)”
Check out the questions below. I’ll share more with you when I finish my ‘plan’ but as I’ve started writing its exciting & exhilarating for those looking for their NEXT STEP!
- Where do you live? Describe what your home looks like.
- What kind of people have you surrounded yourself with?
- Who are your best friends? what makes those relationships work?
- What do you do on a daily basis that fulfills your emotional, spiritual, and physical needs?
- How do you enjoy your spare time?
- Look at the clothes you are wearing. What do they say about you?
- How would you describe your chose profession?
- Describe your work setting.
- Whom do you work with?
- Describe your ideal client and your ideal working relationship.
- What do you enjoy most about your career?
- How much money do you make?
- What do you spend your money on?
- Have you acquired any awards or honors?
- Describe how you think your peers view you.
- How do you view yourself?
- What do your admirers say about you and your work?
- What would you like to contribute to your field?
- What would you like to contribute to your community?
Check out Keri’s website too… she’s got a great blog and other books!