I love the warmer weather in Paris, especially at night, as there are so many things to do. Here are my MUST GOs for a fun night out:
- What could be more romantic than a cruise down the river Seine at sunset? At the end of Île de la Cité (isle with Notre Dame) is Pont Neuf (also a spectacular pedestrian bridge) where you can catch a variety of tour boats for a one hour ride along the Seine. Check sunset time for the evening and schedule your boat trip accordingly. Show up a bit early to grab a bottle of wine from the vendor before you board, grab a seat outside, pop the cork and drink in the views. Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf and Bateaux Parisiens are great options.
Dinner & Jazz
- Left Bank: Start with dinner in the Latin Quarter (5th Arrondissement). I love walking through this little district and finding a place for dinner. While a bit touristy in parts, every cuisine is on offer from French to Italian to Mexican. There’s always a great vibe to enjoy … perfect spot for dinner outside! Then head over to the St-Germain des Prés (6th Arrondissement) for live jazz at L’Arbuci (25 rue de Buci).
- Right Bank: First stop is a fine meal in the Bastille Quarter (11th Arrondissement) at Brasserie Bofinger (5-7 rue de la Bastille), Paris’ oldest brasserie since 1864. The classic French brasserie serves up classic bistro dishes. We took my Mom here for her 60th birthday. Then headed over to Les Halles (1st Arrondissement), for a fun night of live Jazz at Au Duc des Lombards (42 rue des Lombards) in this quaint club with velvet seats and great acoustics.
Cocktails in Style
- Ritz Paris is THE luxury hotel in Paris. While we may not all be able to enjoy a stay, we can enjoy a cocktail! My girlfriend and I had a great time one night all dressed up after dinner in The Ritz Bar, the place for a trendy Parisian night. Across the foyer is The Bar Hemingway, Ernest Hemingway’s favorite bar, now restored to its original appearance with rich wood panelling and leather arm-chairs. Enjoy a famous original cocktail from barman Colin Field.
* Up for a show…there’s always Moulin Rouge. 🙂
For more to do in Paris visit my April in Paris post.
Vive la Paris!