Lots of 40thÂ birthdays this year including my favorite chain day spa located in Seattle…Gene Juarez. Opened in 1971 in downtown Seattle, their second location was the original Nordstrom Salon in 1974. Today ten locations strong.
My first Gene visit was ten years ago and after my lovely massage Saturday, I can say not much has changed, which is a good thing! Having visited many of the ‘chain day spas’ in U.S. and Europe, Gene Juarez remains the top on my list.
What makes them the best?
- Friendly and talented staff.
- Once you enter the ‘spa area’ the chaos of the rest of the salon is gone.
- Nice relaxing waiting area where you chill in your robe and get your pre-treatment foot bath.
- Awesome pillow top massage beds with fluffy soft duvets and heating pads.
- Spa shower… stone room with rainfall shower head, side jets on 4 sides AND it’s a steam room.
Now they offerÂ Spa Parties. What a great idea! They’ll custom make a spa gathering just for you…whether a Bridal Shower, Team Building or just Moms’ Day out.Â You can book regular services or mini services for the group, and for bigger parties they add spa gifts, refreshments and hors d’oeuvres.
Gene Juarez…forty and fabulous!