It’s the first week of January and many of us have the goal of making this the BEST year ever!Â If you’re still contemplating your path, I’ll share a few tools this week that may help.
Unlimited Life Plan: Determining a Destination
In 2009 I picked up the colorful spiral bound book Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life, by Keri Smith. There are tons of activities in the book to get your creative juices flowing. The first activity, “Unlimited Life Plan: Determining a Destination,” really helped me and I’m revisiting it now. Stuck with what to put on yourÂ Vision Board, use the question list below to put together your path to making this the BEST year.
Keri writes “How do we create the life & career we want? Where do we start? In order to manifest new energy and success in our lives we need to create a detailed image of what the next destination looks like and formalize a map for getting there… Begin by creating a detailed image of your ideal life. Put it on paper; make it as full and as decadent as you wish. Dream big. Age is not a factor. You can reinvent your life at any time. Answer the following questions as if you were already living your ideal life. Get into character! Think big! Its your ideal life – you can pretend anything! (Or just start writing stream of consciousness!)”
Use the questions below and start writing your Unlimited Life Plan…
- Where do you live? Describe what your home looks like.
- What kind of people have you surrounded yourself with?
- Who are your best friends? what makes those relationships work?
- What do you do on a daily basis that fulfills your emotional, spiritual, and physical needs?
- How do you enjoy your spare time?
- Look at the clothes you are wearing. What do they say about you?
- How would you describe your chose profession?
- Describe your work setting.
- Whom do you work with?
- Describe your ideal client and your ideal working relationship.
- What do you enjoy most about your career?
- How much money do you make?
- What do you spend your money on?
- Have you acquired any awards or honors?
- Describe how you think your peers view you.
- How do you view yourself?
- What do your admirers say about you and your work?
- What would you like to contribute to your field?
- What would you like to contribute to your community?
Keri’s also has a fun website and many other books. The possibilities are endless! 🙂